Battersea Power Stations Estates Limited (BPSE) and its associated companies which are listed in Appendix 1 (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BPLC is a company incorporated at St Paul's Gate, New Street, St Helier, JE4 8ZB, Jersey. Associated data controllers and processors within the group are set out in Appendix 1
Types of data we collect and process
- Information collected from residents. Residents supply us with personal data when reserving a property in the Battersea Power Station Estate via a reservation form or using our website.
- Information collected from website users. You give us your personal information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This information includes the data you provide when you register to use our website, update your account details, access or use the website, make an enquiry or report a problem.
Digital information we collect about you. Each time you visit our website we automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including but not limited to the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); properties you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Physical data collection. In the future it is our intention to use CCTV and other on-site technology to gather data about residents and visitors’ movements while on the Estate to assist in providing residents with a personalised service. When such data gathering and processing commences, residents and users of the website shall be notified by email of the changes made to this Policy, and given the possibility to opt out.
- Information we receive from other sources. We cooperate with third parties (including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. For example, we use UK-based storage and customer relationship management software from Salesforce to store contact details and marketing information about our customers.
A list of the information which we may hold about you, and the applicable retention policies, is set out in Appendix 2.
How we use your information
We use your personal data in the following ways:
Information you give us. We use this data:
- Fulfilling contracts: To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, we need your contact information to correspond with you regarding any enquiry or reservation for an apartment.
Direct marketing: Provided that you consent, we may use your data:
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, in accordance with the Community Charter. For example, we may use your browsing history to suggest on-campus clubs you may be interested in joining. If you have enquired about sales or lettings, to provide you with information about sales, re-sales and lettings at the Battersea development.
- To provide you with information about upcoming events, promotions, products and services we believe may interest you, in accordance with the Community Charter. For example we may use your browsing and purchase history to inform you of current sales at on-site retailers who provide goods you have previously purchased.
- If you want us to stop using your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We use this data:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including but not limited to troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them, in accordance with the Community Charter.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and/or that we collect about you. The enables us for example to confirm the accuracy of the data you give to us. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
How we disclose your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) as listed in Appendix 1.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, we may share your name and address with builders and decorators when they install new features in your property.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BPLC or its affiliates or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Secure storage of your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us and use secure remote access when outside the EEA.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. You are responsible for keeping your password and username confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate technical and organisational measures including strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss of your data.
Changing my Preferences
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (when we collect your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your right to access, erase and rectify your personal data
You have the right to:
- Access information held about you;
- Request that we rectify information held about you where this is inaccurate or out of date; and
- Request that we erase your data, unless it is necessary for us to retain this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
This can be done by contacting us.
Changes to this policy
Appendix 1 – Group companies
- Battersea Academy for Skills Excellence
- Battersea Foundation
- Battersea Power Station Asset Management
- Battersea Power Station Development company
- Battersea Power Station Estate Management
- Battersea Power Station Management Services
- Battersea Project Land Company
Appendix 2 – Types of personal data
|Name||5 years from subscription, unless you unsubscribe or extend your subscription|
|Email address||5 years from subscription, unless you unsubscribe or extend your subscription|
|Home address (if you choose to provide this)||5 years from subscription, unless you unsubscribe or extend your subscription|
|Phone number||5 years from subscription, unless you unsubscribe or extend your subscription|
|Fax number (if you choose to provide this)||5 years from subscription, unless you unsubscribe or extend your subscription|
Fulfilment of contracts
|Name||The greater of the duration of ownership/occupation or any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Email address||The greater of the duration of ownership/occupation or any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Home address (if you choose to provide this)||The greater of the duration of ownership/occupation or any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Phone number||The greater of the duration of ownership/occupation or any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Fax number (if you choose to provide this)||The greater of the duration of ownership/occupation or any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|ID documents such as passports or ID cards||Execution of contract + any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Information derived from anti money-laundering checks||Execution of contract + any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Financial information such as bank details, confirmation of salary from your employer||Execution of contract + any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Date of birth and age||Execution of contract + any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Nationality||Execution of contract + any applicable warranty period + 7 years|
|Occupation||Execution of contract + any applicable warranty period + 7 years|